Saturday, December 10, 2011

Brynlee-isms


Brynlee has turned into a kid over night. And by "kid", I mean no longer a "toddler". She plays in the "big kid" section of the playground, she wakes herself up in the morning and goes potty all by herself, she puts her dishes in the sink without being asked, and she can find music and Netflix on the computer without any help (kinda scary). She's just growing so fast!! Bryn talks non-stop and she totally makes sense! (Up until now we just nod, smile, and say "uh huh".) We have funny little conversations all the time. I wish I was better at recording things, but here are just a few:

Sometimes the kids & I have dance parties when Riley's at work. Most of the songs on our playlist are Disney or kid songs, but there are also a few other songs on there. One of Bryn's favorites is Beyonce's "Single Ladies". Whenever she hears the intro, she jumps up and yells "SINGLETS!"... she's referring to the title of the song. Not the leotards. I think.

The other day Bryn was being extra difficult so I had a stern talk with her and had my hands on my hips. When I asked her if she was listening she said, "Mom, you have two triangles." (My arms were making triangles when my hands were on my hips). She's a great listener!

Brynlee was playing on the couch when her arm got "stuck" between two cushions. From the kitchen, I hear a little voice yell "Ayudan me!" ("help me" in spanish). Again, thanks Diego. Not sure what life at our house would be like without you.

The cutest thing she does is sit on your lap and say "let's talk for a minute". Then she'll proceed to make a list of all the things she likes (usually starts out with "I like animals, I like giraffes, they have long necks, I like zebras...")

Oh, and Brody fell all the way down the stairs last week. Yup. "Great Mom Award" right here!

This is the best picture I got of his battered face. This was several days later...
Poor kid. Even with bruises he's still the cutest little guy I know!

1 comment:

  1. Cute little Brynlee-isms! It sounds like she is such a big girl!

    ReplyDelete